The Cult of the Waters


The sacred wells linked to the cult of the waters fascinate many tourits. However, many wells are unknown or almost not advertised. Sardinia is rich in history and the Shepherds on Bikes intend to enhance it in the aspects less known and potentially more attractive.

If you want to enjoy the tour with us, take a look at our event calendar or contact us by e-mail or via WhatsApp at +393450699255

You can visit

  • The Sa Testa sacred well  in Olbia
  • The Predio Canopoli sacred well at Perfugas
  • The free baths of Benetutti
  • The Su Tempiesu sacred source in Orune
  • The sacred well of Santa Cristina at Paulilatino
  • The thermal baths of Fordongianus
  • The treehouse in Allai
  • The sacred well of Sant’Anastasia in Sardara
  • The archaeological site of Pranu Muttedu in Goni
  • The Is Pirois sacred well  at Villaputzu
  • The nuraghe and sacred well of Cuccuru Nuraxi at Settimo San Pietro

You can taste

  • S’angioi arrustu, agnello sardo alla brace
  • The fregola with zucchini, mint, shrimp and saffron
  • The potato culurgiones (raisins of durum wheat semolina filled with potatoes, garlic, fresh pecorino, mint)
  • The spaghetti with sea urchins
  • The burrida, based on dogfish
  • The suppa cuata soup typical of Gallura subregion, with stale bread, fresh cow cheese, herbs, mixed meat broth
  • The orziadas, sea anemones
  • The bottarga di muggine
  • Is Panadas, made from a pasta wrap, with varying filling between lamb, beef, artichokes, dried tomatoes
  • Is pardulas, sweet stuffed with ricotta cheese or fresh cheese, processed with eggs, sugar, peel of citrus fruit and saffron
  • Su proceddu, sardinian pork with aromas flavored with myrtle
  • S’angioi arrustu, Sardinian grilled lamb

Map


Weather

May 26, 2022 - Thu
Paulilatino, Italia
light rain
16°C light rain
Wind 0 m/s, ENE
Humidity 97%
Pressure 762.82 mmHg
Day Cond. Temp. Wind Humidity PressurePres.
thu may 26
light rain
30/17°C 5 m/s, SSW 30% 762.07 mmHg
fri may 27
overcast clouds
30/19°C 8 m/s, ESE 18% 759.06 mmHg
sat may 28
light rain
30/15°C 5 m/s, WNW 32% 755.31 mmHg
sun may 29
sky is clear
25/14°C 6 m/s, W 34% 756.06 mmHg
mon may 30
broken clouds
31/19°C 6 m/s, WSW 19% 756.81 mmHg

Elevation Profile

The path has a vertical drop of 832 m. 51% of the route is uphill, the remaining 49% downhill.

The cult of the Waters

Distanza - Distance (Km)
Altitudine - Altitude (m)
Durata - Duration (giorni - days)

Either the reviews are pending or there are no reviews at all!

Do you want to join us?

Book now!