The abandoned Malacalzetta village and the mines of Marganai region


A trip along the little-known mining villages of Marganai subregion between caves, majestic waterfalls, long crossings of forests and countless curves. If you want to enjoy the tour with us, take a look at our event calendar or contact us by e-mail or via WhatsApp at +393450699255

You can visit

  • The Malacalzetta mine, where there are still the railway ant the remains of the mining village
  • The Baueddu washery, and the Genna Carru laundry, whose facilities are still intact
  • The open-cast mine of Arenas
  • The natural monument of the Cambrian, and the Pubusinu source, one of the largest in Sardinia, in the Gutturu-Pala forest
  • The Piscina Irgas and Muru Mannu waterfalls, among the largest in Sardinia, featuring a jump of respectively 45 and 70 meters
  • The San Giovanni cave, recognized as natural monument
  • The Sa Domu ‘e S’Orcu nuraghe, and the high cliffs of Domusnovas
  • The nuragic center of Matzanni, featuring three sacred wells and a Punic temple

You can taste

  • The zappueddus, strips pasta topped with sauce
  • The Ravioli with cheeese
  • The goat stews and the roast goat
  • The Iglesiente region typical dishes

Map


Weather

Jan 28, 2022 - Fri
San Benedetto, Italia
overcast clouds
11°C overcast clouds
Wind 5 m/s, WNW
Humidity 64%
Pressure 771.07 mmHg
Day Cond. Temp. Wind Humidity PressurePres.
fri jan 28
overcast clouds
11/8°C 6 m/s, WNW 64% 771.07 mmHg
sat jan 29
scattered clouds
12/5°C 3 m/s, SSE 55% 772.57 mmHg
sun jan 30
sky is clear
11/7°C 5 m/s, WNW 66% 769.57 mmHg
mon jan 31
broken clouds
11/8°C 12 m/s, NW 71% 763.57 mmHg
tue feb 1
light rain
10/4°C 13 m/s, NW 60% 762.07 mmHg

Elevation Profile

The path has a vertical drop of 770 m. 53% of the route is uphill, the remaining 47% downhill.

Il villaggio abbandonato di Malacalzetta e le miniere del Marganai

Distanza (Km)
Altitudine (m)
Tempo (h)

Either the reviews are pending or there are no reviews at all!

Do you want to join us?

Book now!