The Mines of Sulcis and the First Geominerary Park in the World


An exciting itinerary to discover the Sulcis-Iglesiente, a region among the most important mining poles of Italy where dozens of suggestive and gigantic mines, abandoned villages, wild itineraries, unmissable museums and breathtaking views are kept.

If you want to enjoy the tour with us, take a look at our event calendar or contact us by e-mail or via WhatsApp at +393450699255

You can visit

  • The lead mine of Orbai, active until 1950
  • The Rosas mine, where lead, zinc and iron were extracted and now an open-air museum
  • The exhibition of Rosas minerals, including Rosatite, discovered in 1908
  • The Serbariu coal mine, one of the most strategic energy resources in Italy
  • The mine of Seddas Moddizzis, used to extract calamine
  • The Asproni Village, among the most fascinating abandoned ghost villages on the island
  • The Pozzo Santa Barbara of the mine of San Giorgio and its crenellated building similar to a medieval castle
  • The Cave of Santa Barbara in Iglesias, discovered by chance in 1952 and the only one in Europe to have walls covered with dark brown barite crystals
  • The Monteponi lead, silver and zinc mine
  • The museum of mining culture in Iglesias
  • The abandoned mines of Monte Agruxiau and Monte Scorra
  • The Laveria Lamarmora in Nebida, one of the most evocative sites on the island
  • The museum of mining machinery in Nebida
  • Porto Flavia, engineering solution unique in the world
  • The Henry Gallery, a mining gallery overlooking the sea
  • The ghost village of Planu Sartu in Buggerru
  • The Nanni Frau’s mine in Buggerru
  • The remarkable town of Fluminimaggiore, full of naturalistic and mining attractions

You can taste

  • The Cascà, cous cous typical of the Sulcis
  • The “peretta all’aceto” cheese of Sulcis
  • The stewed wild boar meat of the Sulcis mountains
  • The tuna with beans of Gonnesa
  • The Carignano wine of Sulcis

 

Map

Weather

Nov 27, 2020 - Fri
Carbonia, Italia
broken clouds
18°C broken clouds
Wind 8 m/s, SE
Humidity 82%
Pressure 759.81 mmHg
Day Cond. Temp. Wind Humidity PressurePres.
fri nov 27
light rain
18/16°C 7 m/s, SE 82% 759.81 mmHg
sat nov 28
heavy intensity rain
16/12°C 10 m/s, SE 72% 750.81 mmHg
sun nov 29
scattered clouds
18/12°C 2 m/s, NW 50% 757.56 mmHg
mon nov 30
sky is clear
17/11°C 4 m/s, NNW 60% 765.82 mmHg
tue dec 1
sky is clear
16/11°C 5 m/s, WNW 59% 765.82 mmHg

Elevation Profile

The path has a height difference of 560 m. 48% of the route is uphill, the remaining 52% downhill.

The Mines of Sulcis and the First Geominerary Park in the World

Distanza - Distance (km)
Altitudine - Altitude (m)
Durata - Duration (giorni - days)

Either the reviews are pending or there are no reviews at all!

Do you want to enjoy this tour?

Contact Us!